Saturday, November 23, 2013

Picture Book Saturday



A Long Way Away
By Frank Viva
Published 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
I liked Viva's A Trip to the Bottom of the World and this new title was getting a lot of buzz, so I was eager to check it out for myself. I don't like this one. I like the idea of a book that can be read in either direction and have a different story, but I don't actually like this one. I find it a little too weird for me. I don't like the art as much either. A miss for me.

Ball
By Mary Sullivan
Published 2013 by HMH Books for Young Readers
I love this book! Poor little dog just wants to find someone to play ball with. The story is so cute and realistic - this reminds me so much of the dog my parents had, just desperate for someone to play with. The illustrations are adorable and fun. I think kids will definitely like this one - they can probably even relate to it themselves! Very fun story.



In the Tree House
By Andrew Larsen, illustrated by Dusan Petricic
Published 2013 by Kids Can Press
I liked this story, as I usually enjoy stories about siblings. In this book, two brothers have grown apart since they built their tree house, but when the lights go out, they find themselves together again. It's very sweet and once again, like Blackout, demonstrates the power of simplicity and family and slowing down in this technology-obsessed world. Very sweet story for siblings.

No comments:

Post a Comment