Monday, February 3, 2014

January Round-Up

So I thought since I set an actual goal for myself this year (to read the books I own instead of books from the library), I'd do some sort of checking in on myself over the year and see how I'm keeping up.

I'll readily admit - January was a terrible month for me in terms of this goal. I'm serving as a round 2 judge for the Cybils in the Elementary/Middle-Grade Speculative Fiction category and that really hindered my reading this month. I don't mean hindered in a negative sense, but I did not own any of the finalists and had only read one prior to the announcement, so I had to check them out from the library.

Additionally, a lot of books I had put on hold in December came in for me in January (I stopped placing holds on library books the last week of December, but allowed myself that I would read the current holds when they came in). So, my tallies are:

Middle-grade: 10

Teen: 10

Adult: 2

Picture books: 14

Library books: 32

Books owned: 4

I am counting digital galleys as books I own, though technically, of course, that's not accurate. Also, to clarify, what I read in January is not necessarily reflected in what I reviewed in January. There is some overlap but, as I've mentioned before, I'm far behind on reviewing, so most of my reviews this month are not from books I read this month. As you can see, not a great month for me, but I'm hoping to do better in February - if I can avoid getting sucked into reading the Youth Media Award winners that I haven't already read.

No comments:

Post a Comment