Thursday, November 3, 2011

Review: A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever

A Couple of Boys Have the Best Week Ever
By Marla Frazee
Published 2008 by Harcourt Children's Books

I know this was a Caldecott Honor book a few years back and I thought I had picked it up since then. But I spotted it on the shelves at my library and started reading and nothing seemed familiar, so I guess not. Anyway, this is about two best friends who go to week-long nature camp and spend their free time with one's grandparents. This is really a heartfelt and lovely tribute to childhood and friendship - these boys have the best week ever in the way that only children seem to be able to nowadays. I haven't always been a fan of Frazee's illustrations but I think they work wonderfully for this story. I really enjoyed this.

No comments:

Post a Comment