Sunday, November 27, 2011

Review: The Day Before

The Day Before
By Lisa Schroeder
Published 2011 by Simon Pulse

Amber just wants one perfect day. By herself. But, when she sees a really cute boy her age admiring the jellyfish at the aquarium with the same intensity as her, she thinks that maybe the "by herself" part of the deal is flexible...

I'm pretty sure that I've read all of Schroeder's young adult work and found it enjoyable if somewhat repetitive. However, this, her newest, I liked best of all. This was less melodramatic than her previous titles and I found that a welcome change. I liked that the stories of Amber and Cade were revealed in bits and pieces throughout the novel and I thought their chemistry was realistic. This was a very quick and easy read and I think it will appeal greatly to fans of contemporary YA novels. There was enough of a touch of melodrama and romance and it all blended together well to make this a really well-told story. I really enjoyed this one and hope Schroeder continues in this vein in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment