Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator

Hooray for Amanda and Her Alligator!
By Mo Willems
Published 2011 by Balzer + Bray

A collection of six (and a half) short stories about two friends, this is the latest offering by Willems. I became a gigantic, huge, enormous fan of his after reading the Elephant and Piggie books. Then I learned that Willems is basically a superhero because he used to work on Sesame Street. He is pretty much one of my favorite children's book creators. This book was no exception - the stories are delightful and fun and highlight friendship in the best possible way. His illustrations are simple and pure but complement his stories so perfectly. I find everything he produces to just be an absolute delight and can't wait to share all of his work with anyone I ever meet. As a side note, I actually saw Willems walking around at the ALA conference in June (the only time I saw an author not at an event or signing) but didn't say anything as he was with his daughter (or it appeared that way).

No comments:

Post a Comment