Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Review: Stargazer

Stargazer (Evernight, book 2)
By Claudia Gray
Published 2009 by HarperTeen


WARNING: May contain some spoilers for the first book.

Bianca has survived the events of her first year at Evernight. But now everything is different. Lucas isn't on campus anymore and the separation from her true love is very hard on her. More than ever, she longs to find out the secrets of Evernight so that maybe she and Lucas can be together again. But this is Evernight, and the events of last year were only the beginning...

I read Evernight earlier this year and was pleasantly surprised by its twists and how much I enjoyed it. I'm really trying desperately to finish up all the series that I'm in the middle of, so I picked up the second book recently. I found that I didn't enjoy it as much as the first. Bianca started to lean more toward the whiny and annoying type of main character that I do not enjoy. Additionally, the twists and turns in this book felt much less interesting and more forced. I liked the introduction of another type of supernatural being but adding this into Bianca's identity storyline seemed sort of silly. This book made me feel bad for Balthazar but at the same time, I don't feel like the secondary characters had the same focus on them as they did in the first. I don't think this was a very strong sequel, but I'll continue reading the series to see how it ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment