Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Review: You Will Be My Friend

You Will Be My Friend!
By Peter Brown
Published 2011 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

This delightful picture book shows us the further adventures of Lucy, who we first met in Children Make Terrible Pets. I first discovered Peter Brown two years ago when I came across his absolutely beautiful and inspiring book, The Curious Garden. After that, I sought out everything he had already published and always keep an eye out for new titles from him. I absolutely loved the first Lucy book and was beyond excited when I spied this one on the shelves. Brown's books are just contagiously cheerful and lovely - you cannot help but smile when you pick one up. In this book, Lucy wants to make new friends. Kids can learn all the wrong things to do when trying to make friends as Lucy tries every terrible thing one can think of. The illustrations are completely charming and adorable and the book is just funny. I highly recommend this for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment