Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Review: The Underground Abductor



The Underground Abductor (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, book five)
By Nathan Hale
Published 2015 by Amulet Books

Famous spy Nathan Hale spins his latest yarn for the executioner, this time telling the tale of Harriet Tubman.

As I said in my recent review of book four, this series was one of the ones I was most sad about not reading last year when a new release was published. I remedied that as soon as I could this year and put my name on the waiting list for this, the newest title.

I also said in my recent review that I wasn't a huge fan of the fourth book - for me, it was my least favorite. This newest title? It may be my favorite so far. One of the main reasons I love these books is because I always learn something new and this volume was no exception. I learned so much about Tubman's life - I actually got chills while reading this story as I thought about what a truly exceptional woman she was. She really was one in a million. Her story is painful but inspiring and I think kids will be completely taken with her journey. What she endured is difficult for me, even as an adult, to fully comprehend, so I imagine many of these kids' minds will be completely blown reading about her daring rescues.

This series is absolutely one of my favorites and I can't wait to keep reading and learning, discovering what monumental event or person Hale will tackle next. I highly recommend these and will be pushing them to many young readers this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment