Saturday, December 19, 2015

Real Talk

All right, y'all. It's closing in on the end of 2015, I've read over 250 books, and I haven't posted a review here in three months. What can I say? I got married in October, which means I had zero free time in the last few weeks leading up to the wedding. And, even since we've started settling into married life, I still feel like it's been pretty non-stop crazy busy (I guess the holidays haven't helped to alleviate that feeling). So, I've managed to squeeze in reading time (mostly by way of graphic novels), but I haven't been doing any reviewing. However, I've been wanting to get back into it, particularly as the clock looms closer to ticking into the new year.

So, what's it mean? Well, as I said, I've mostly been reading graphic novels over the last couple months, and mostly for adults at that. However, I have read some kid's and teen books and I'd like to give them their due. In reality, though, with my terrible memory and the short amount of time remaining in the year, reviewing each in full is just not going to happen.

So, what you'll see in the coming days are very short reviews of the books I've read in the final months of 2015 (unless I find I have more to say about a particular title). I'll lump several together in each post and hope to get through everything I have backlogged. Then, as per usual around these parts, I'll post my favorites of the year, though I may just make one post with all my favorites instead of several different posts as I've done in the past. And, come January, I'll highlight the titles I'm most excited about for the coming year, talk about what I expect my reading year will look like in 2016 and hopefully be back on track with regular reviews. Sound good to everyone? Great! See you shortly with some reviews!

No comments:

Post a Comment