Saturday, January 2, 2016

Looking Ahead...

It's time to look at my most anticipated reads for the coming year! First, a quick look back at what I chose last year - out of the 19 books I picked, I actually read seven and a half (I'm in the middle of Sword of Summer) and one was postponed until 2016, so, not a terrible record. Here are my picks for 2016!

Series Books:

The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater - this is the one on my list that was postponed to 2016, so obviously, I'm still looking forward to it. (April 2016)

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - the sequel to one of my books from last year's list, which I obviously enjoyed. (May 2016)

The Beauty of Darkness by Mary J. Pearson - the final book in the Remnant Chronicles! (August 2016)

The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home by Catherynne M. Valente - I'm a few books behind on this series, but since I know it's ending this year, maybe it'll be one of the ones I finish up! (March 2016)

Skyborn by Lou Anders - the last book in the series apparently. A very fun adventure for middle-grade readers. (September 2016)

Red by Liesl Shurtliff - not classified as a series per se, but Shurtliff's novels all take place in the same world. They are all delightful and funny and I'm especially interested in getting Red's story. (April 2016)

Rise of the Ragged Clover by Paul Durham - the third book in the Luck Uglies series! (March 2016)


Standalones/New Series:

Into the Dim by Janet B. Taylor - time travel can be hit or miss for me, but it makes the best plot summaries, so I'll give it a shot. (March 2016)

Tell the Wind and Fire by Sarah Reese Brennan - I don't even need to read the plot description; it's a new book by Rees Brennan! (April 2016)

The Memory of Light by Francisco X. Stork - I've read Stork before and really enjoyed his realism and characters, so I'm looking forward to a new title from him. (January 2016)

Zoe in Wonderland by Brenda Woods - sounds like a delightful middle-grade read with a POC main character. (August 2016)

The Steep and Thorny Way by Cat Winters - a retelling of Hamlet in the 1920s with a POC main character? Yup, sounds good to me. (March 2016)

Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee - I really enjoyed Lee's debut, so I'm definitely interested in checking out her next book. (May 2016)

The Inexplicable Logic of My Heart by Benjamin Alire Saenz - once again, doesn't matter what it's about; I'll read it based on the sheer genius of Aristotle and Dante. This one doesn't seem to have a set release date yet, so we'll see if it actually releases. (2016)

Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick - a cult classic, a reclusive author, and a teen finally breaking out? It sounds like a fascinating combo to me. I've enjoyed two of Quick's previous books so this should be good. (May 2016)

The Great American Whatever by Tim Federle - I'm expecting lots of humor and lots of old movie references and a good time all around. (March 2016)

The Key to Extraordinary by Natalie Lloyd - definitely interested in seeing what Lloyd will do with her next book. Her first was very charming. (February 2016)

The Wild Robot by Peter Brown - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Peter Brown wrote a novel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (April 2016)

I'm sure I could probably list about 1,000 more (because it doesn't take much to get me excited for a book), but these should be enough to get me through. What are you anticipating in 2016?

No comments:

Post a Comment